Forest School is an exciting initiative that offers children hands-on learning experiences in our environmental area. The lessons will be led by a qualified Forest School teacher who will be assisted by a member of staff. Children will either spend a morning or an afternoon at Forest School in a small group of 15.
The philosophy behind Forest School is to encourage and inspire individuals of any age through positive outdoor experiences. By participating in engaging, motivating and achievable tasks and activities in a woodland environment, each child has the opportunity to develop emotional and social skills. It also has the added benefit of enabling the children to become fitter and healthier and encourages them to learn to recognise potential hazards and assess risks for themselves, such as learning about different types of plants and nettles.
What do you need to wear at Forest School?
• Long sleeve top and trousers which you don’t mind getting muddy.
• Boots. Snow boots are preferable as they are a lot warmer than wellies.
• Thick pair of socks to keep their feet warm.
• Waterproof coat with a hood and gloves (preferably ski type gloves).
• Sun cream and hat for sunny days.
• Woolly hat for cold days.
• The school will provide waterproof over trousers for the children to borrow.